Sunday, December 31, 2006

I'm Goin' Back to Cali

weather vane on top of the cleanest rest stop in the worldWe're on our way home. Well, actually we are already home - have been for 2 days - but since we slept for 24 hours the first night back, and have been sick since then, I'm only now getting around to writing this. Just pretend. It's for fun :)

We spent our last MO night in St Louis. Believe me, Louis was no saint. If he was he sure did not plan the freeways in a saintly manner. Note to future MO travelers: listen to Johnboat, he knows his West from his North. Thankfully Johnboat was co-piloting and got us to the "hotel" safely, despite my Magellanic ignorance.

The best part about traveling with with me is that I am occasionally paranoid. Everyone had a good laugh at my expense when I "hid" the luggage at the foot of the bed under the comforter - "Oh that doesn't look obvious, Jason. They'll never think to lift the blanket up and look at the funny shaped stuff underneath." (sarcasm) - or when I purposely left the radio on when we went out to hunt for our dinner. Trust me. if I could have fit more than two pairs of socks in the little room safe I would have - hiding it under the covers was the next best thing.

After everyone stopped laughing at me we decided to drive to someplace for dinner. 4 people + 4 different sets of taste buds = drive 4EVER till you are so exhausted you'll eat anything. Thankfully we found a Chevy's and didn't have to go hungry.

The funny thing about restaurants in Missouri is the smoking sections. If there is a smoking section then the whole place is a smoking section. We got the food to go and ate back at the room. Thankfully, none of our stuff was gone.

After getting into bed I stayed up another hour to make sure everyone was asleep before I dozed off. I have a bit of a loud snore and I hoped this would ensure a good nights sleep for all. The only person that slept was Sara - who had earplugs - but even she woke up because Brandi called the front desk for some earplugs of her own. This of course woke me up.

It was a quick drive to the airport and then an even quicker goodbye. I told John to park in the 2 minute area. This is where you give your bags to the skycap guys right there at the car and they ask for a big tip but then you walk 10 steps inside the airport and realize you could have checked them yourself for free. Oh well. I felt bad because we had about 20 seconds to say goodbye. That may have been for the better - less visine.

We miss you guys.

5 comments:

The Commission Fellowship said...

Sweet hook ups Jason. I think the bags under the blankets was good looking out. The radio was the even better. Maybe next time leave a sign on the door that says we are not here. That will keep the bad guys away.

Unknown said...

Maybe a sign that says, "There is nothing valuable under the blankets."

Curtis Suderman said...

Yo Yo.. sup in the Fresburg yall.

I thinks it's best that you maybe use blow up liknesses of yourselves to send out on the town whilst you guys stay in the motel to guard the goods. Or maybe bring a whole (like the road runner) to put on the floor or in the wall...then put the "goods" in there!.. I think that's a great idea... I like that one. Go buy a whole... www.acme.com

ok bye

Curtis Suderman said...

or maybe a hole.

Curtis Suderman said...

hey.. this looks like the last post on this blogg.... oh wait.. it is the last post from this blogg.. I keep forgetting I'm from the future...