Monday, April 24, 2006

God is faithful

God is increasing my business and teaching me valuable lessons along the way. My lifelong prayer has been "to be a real boy" (just like Pinochio). And God continues His transformative work in my heart to accomplish this. I was once told that I don't have a "killer instinct". This made me angry at the time - I wanted to be a tough guy! - but the longer I live the more I see the truth in that statement. I'm a nice guy. My wife even says so. Unfortunately nice guys aren't always very successful in business.

But I wasn't placed on this planet to "buy everything up and sell it off in parts." I was created to worship God, to praise His name and bring Him Glory. The Bible says that we were "created for God's good pleasure" - not our own. So, my business, my life, everything should glorify Him. And it's all in His hands.

Now, this does not mean that I'm supposed to just lay down and let everything happen to me. The Bible says that our relationship with Jesus is a walk. That means you keep going, keep walking - but your focus is on Him and what He wants to do in your life instead of being focused on yourself.

We often forget our prayers - the requests we've made known to Him - and just think that when cool stuff happens it has no meaning. Well, this has been one crazy week of cool stuff. And the more I think about it the more I realize that Sara and I asked for it! Well, most of it, anyway - the other stuff is just God's perfect Will (which we should be asking for too).

I'm excited to see what's going to happen in the next couple of months and hope and pray that I continue to serve God in all that I do - and not myself.

No comments: