Saturday, December 23, 2006

Throwed Rolls

Today we went to Lambert's Cafe for a stomach expanding dining extravaganza - extra extravaganza. Catfish and Johnboat had been raving about Lambert's like it was some kind of mystical experience for like forever. They were right...for once (or would that be twice because it's both of them?).

First of all, the place is huge. I mean, the biggest restaurant I've ever been to in my life...unless you count Costco food tasting. There are license plates all over the place and all kinds of memorabilia from the olden days. A model train drives around the middle and there's even live music (Grandma plays piano).

They start serving you food even before you get to order and then they just keep bringing you more food even after you get the food that you ordered. The service was unlike anything in California and the food was .

I ordered a hamburger steak - which is basically a double-layer meat loaf made of prime rib smothered in gravy, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms with a side of mashed potatoes and green beans - and was only able to finish about 1/3 of it. 4 hours later I'm still snacking on my burps. Sara had the fried chicken which could have fed about 85 old men.

The best part of the whole thing is the guy who comes out every 10 minutes and yells "Hot Rolls". You put your hand in the air and he throws it over everyone's heads right into your hands. Make sure to catch the roll and not let any fingers go INTO the rool. When they say "hot rolls" they really mean "hot rolls stuffed with lava that will burn off your fingers."

We ran into Catfish and Mrs. Catfish, the Catfish spawn and the Catfish family parental units. What a coincidence!! And we even got to sit right behind them. That was cool. I don't think I'd want to be sitting behind them tonight though - or behind me for that matter.

1 comment:

Curtis Suderman said...

frrrrrrrrrrrt. ahhh. That's wut I'm talkin abouts. Heewwwww.. themz wuz good eatun.
Catfish Mo